CURE FOR DEPRESSION
In the past few days and weeks, I’ve the privilege of meeting and helping people that are depressed. One felt like dying by using lethal drugs, another like dying by hanging self, I met another that attempted to jump into a river to end it all.
Glory be to God, I saw and witnessed these individuals delivered and set free from the monster called depression.
It is my best wishes and aspirations that you too shall be delivered.
The grip of depression shall be broken off you.
Many people are getting depression and falling prey to the minster called depression in this age more than at any other age or generation.
Unresolved depression has led to suicide therefore we cannot and should not turn blind eye to issue of depression.
Depression is real and it has become endemic therefore all hands must be on deck to eradicate the monster and crisis called depression.
The good news is that depression can be cured.
The depressed can be healed, delivered and set free to live a dignified, colourful and joyful life again.
I’m with you on this and I know you shall be free.
Scriptural Power Points: Isaiah 61:3
“To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified” (Isaiah 61:3).
Depression is a long-term state of mind characterized with extreme unhappiness and inability to visualize a happy future.
It is a powerfully negative mood that interferes with daily life. Depression is more than sadness.
Depressed people feel sad, empty, despondent, disinterested, unloved, unwanted, and lethargic.
I pray for you that you be delivered, healed and set free from the aforementioned effects and symptom of depression.
Depression is a major destroyer of life and destiny. It is a major sponsor of oppression. Depression opens the door for oppression because Satan is at work where depression is not resolved.
In some extreme cases it leads to insanity. Depression is doorway to the destruction of destiny.
People commit suicide not when they are excited but when they are depressed.
Depression also frustrates good judgment and discretion; it affects reasoning. Whenever a man is depressed, his reasoning pathways are blocked. He lacks the capacity to find solution; he is too depressed to think about a way out because depression blocks the mind.
Having seen the dangers of depression, what then is the cure for depression?
1. FIGHT DEPRESSION: Fight the spirit of heaviness; fight depression (Isaiah 61:3). Refuse to be depressed despite the prevailing circumstance. Let God’s Word fuel your joy — Jeremiah 15:16.
2. REJOICE IN THE LORD: Rejoice when the devil wants you to cry; sing when he wants you to mourn and dance when he wants you to lie down. Do the opposite of what the devil wants from you, and he will run mad (Philippians 4:4).
3. WATCH YOUR ENVIRONMENT: If you do not want to be depressed, watch your environment. There are depression-provoking pictures you should avoid and houses you may have to move out from in order to maintain your joy in the Lord. Living in a room apartment with joy is better than living in a duplex with depression.
Beloved, you must guard your joy with jealousy; avoid depression.
1. Disengage from depressive people and environment.
2. Fight the spirit of heaviness
3. Choose to rejoice in the Lord always.
PRAYER: O Lord, I reject the spirit of heaviness. I ask for the grace to maintain my joy always, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Rev. Isaac Ayodele Adeleke
Host: Pray For Me, Pray With Me Service
Meets every Wednesday @12noon, @20, Kayode Street, Onipanu, Lagos State